One of the main challenges with this project is that I am not in a position to work on it full time. In the last month I have probably spent 80 hours and half of that is coming from my own free time. So whatever time I do have has to be spent wisely. I have few days to thoroughly explore issues and threads of thoughts are split up over several days.
In the last month I have made some interesting progress. I have spent the time working on the project structure and have moved files around quite a lot.
Currently the project is a multi module maven project with the following modules
core-client is where most of the domain modelling of Noark 5 can be found. All persistence related objects are here, DTO’s etc.
core-common contains a lot of common functionality related to REST handling etc. This is code that could be reused in other Noark 5 REST related projects.
core-conversion will be a REST-service that can convert documents from a production format to an archive format. I will only implement integration to LibreOffice but it is easily imaginable to implement integration to MS Office. I haven’t started this yet.
core-extraction will be a standalone executable jar that can extract the contents of the core in accordance with the extraction rules. Currently a weak arkivstruktur.xml generator has been implemented and that’s just to show a proof-of-concept.
core-webapp is the actual web application that is a spring-boot application and starts up a REST service.
Another module that needs to be implemented will be core-postjournal that talks to the database and publishes postjournal in various formats. Integration with altinn and digipost etc (core-dispatcher) all are obvious candidates for work, but currently the project needs a clear defined roadmap so these can all come later.
All the modules are encapsulated inside a parent module called nikita-noark5-core.