Invitation to submit stream proposals for the ESPAnet 2020 Conference: “Up for the Future? Social policies in challenged societies”
Deadline for the call was 1 December 2019
The organising committee of the ESPAnet 2020 Conference invites proposals for conference streams. The Conference offers social policy scholars the opportunity to present and discuss research on the future of social policies in challenged societies.
Before submitting a proposal, please read the following information very carefully.
For inspiration, a list of suggestions for stream themes is provided below. Proposals for stream themes may of course differ from these suggestions. Generally, we welcome streams that incorporate a gender and diversity perspective.
Additionally, we particularly invite stream proposals on the topics that are central to the two keynotes speeches of the ESPAnet 2020 conference:
The Automaton The application of Big Data, AI, algorithms and Automatic Decision Making (ADM) in social policy administration
Nature’s Conditions Social policy in relation to climate change and energy transition
Responsibilities of stream convenors
- Stream convenors are responsible for one or more paper sessions organised within a particular stream.
- Stream convenors are responsible for evaluating all abstracts submitted to their stream and to select and prioritize them for inclusion in their session(s).
- The number of sessions and accepted abstracts per stream is decided by the local organising committee.
- In the run-up to the conference, stream convenors will work together with the local organisers to ensure deadlines for paper submissions are met.
- Stream convenors are responsible for chairing their sessions at the conference.
- Stream convenors are not allowed to present a paper in their own stream, not even as a co-author.
- Stream convenors are not allowed to restrict their streams to papers from their own projects or networks.
Suggestions for stream themes (all in relation to social policy)
- Climate change
- Energy transition
- Automatic Decision Making (big data, algorithms)
- Digitization of work
- Diversity (gender, ethnic,…)
- Labour market developments
- Old age
- Work-Care reconciliation
- Sickness and disability
- Activation, work-reinsertion
- Income protection
- Social investment
- Social administration
- Regional/local social policy
- European social policy
- Welfare states around the globe
- Cultural and social values
- Welfare attitudes
- Methodologies for (comparative) social policy analysis
- Open stream(s)
Stream proposals can be submited as Word or PDF document. They should not exceed one page and need to include:
- A stream title with an indication to which stream theme they relate (see above) or whether a stream theme is proposed that differs from the list above.
- A short description of the stream theme, including a description of the topics and/or types of papers that are expected (max 300 words).
- Full contact details of the stream convenor/s (with a maximum of three convenors per stream): Name/s, affiliation, postal address, phone number, e-mail. If possible, please indicate a main contact person.
To submit our proposal use the link below:
You are kindly invited to submit a stream proposal until 1 December 2019
Acceptance of proposals: The local organising committee will send out information about accepted proposals by 27 January 2020.
We look forward to receiving many exciting stream proposals for next year’s ESPAnet conference,
Yours sincerely,The Organising Committee
the Organising Committee’s email: email@example.com
Conference website: www.espanet2020.be