Library publishing (including new-model university presses housed in libraries) is a growing activity in many countries around the world. The IFLA SIG aims to bring together experienced practitioners and would-be publishers to build network, to share information and advance this exciting field of endeavor. New and emerging library publishers will gain insight into the experiences and practices of established presses, and all attendees will learn from new and innovative approaches. The presentations from both sides and the ensuing discussions will advance the excellence and sustainability of library publishing ventures
The aim of the event is to bring together a broad spectrum of publishing programs, to exchange knowledge, present good practice and to foster networks and mentoring relationships among library publishers at all stages, also highlighting the important role that the Library Publishing Coalition plays in this regard.
The SIG meeting also invites participation by library schools and others engaged in efforts to educate the next generation of library publishers.
Call for Presenters
- We seek stories, case studies, experiences, research and programs that present evidence of startup or successful approaches in library publishing
- We would like to hear about experiences with different technological platforms and software for publishing
- We would like to hear about library publishing networks that you have established or are involved in
- The impact of library publishing for research and society – at your institution, but also nationally and globally
- The SIG welcome proposals of presentation types including 30 minute presentations, fifteen minute lightning presentations, round table discussions and workshops
- Title of proposed presentation
- Type of presentation
- Abstract of the proposal (no more than 300 words)
- Name(s) of presenter(s) plus position/s and/or title/s
- Language of presentation
- Employer/affiliated institution
- Contact information including email address, telephone number
- Short biographical statement of presenter(s) (no more than 100 words)
- January 1, 2020 – The submission is now closed.
- Notifying of acceptance: Mid January, 2020
Please submit abstracts by 1. January 2020 as an attachment in MS Word to:
The program for the conference will be presented Mid January, 2020.