A free press, media freedom is crucial for the development of democracy. Still, journalists meet with obstacles in their reporting, both in countries who have experienced periods of dictatorship, and in countries ravaged by war and conflict. JMIC staff members have done global research on journalist safety and offer to share these experiences. We offer courses built on fundamental principles of democracy and media freedom, opening discussions on how to exercise this freedom in a variety of societies.
- Collaborative journalism
- Conference: Safety of journalists covering conflict and sensitive issues
- Courses in English offered for advanced BA students
- Creative writing, storytelling
- Examples of co-operation
- Gender, media and journalism
- Journalism, democracy and press freedom
- Journalism, media and climate change
- Media and marginalization
- Media and war/conflict, journalist security
- Science journalism
- Traditional and social media: free expression and hate speech
- Norwegian resources
- Who are we?