The research group’s members frequently participate at international conferences and do also arrange conferences closely connected to ongoing research and the professional field. We have good experiences from bringing together practicing journalisms with researchers at such conferences.
- Safety of journalists covering conflict and sensitive issues, HIOA, 2nd and 3rd of November, 2017
- Se full programme here.
- These are the participants that will contribute with papers.
- Best practices in teaching conflict, war and peace journalism, HIOA, November, 2016
- The Growth of transnational extremism – and journalistic challenges. HIOA, March 2016.
- The launch of UNESCO’s “World Trends in Freedom of Expression and Media Development: Special Digital Focus”, HIOA, February 2016
- Global Journalism and Education, October 2015
- Gender, War and Conflict reporting HIOA, 2015
MEKK also participated at the launch of «Partnership to advance safety of journalists» initiated by UNESCO and NORCAP. Read more here.